Oak look versailles floor

10:34:00


Today I started with a wooden floor. I wanted to make an oak look versailles floor. To create this floor I didn't use oak, not even wood, but cardboard! I designed a pattern which was usable in the room I am decorating. Printed it on regular paper and glued this paper onto the thin cardboard.


After the pieces were glued onto the cardboard the painting could start. I painted every detail step by step. First some at the right of the square, than at the lef, top and bottom. Just doing it random so that there won't rise a color pattern into the 'wooden' tiles. For painting I used a water color paint from Van Gogh.



After painting the squares I varnished them with a matt mat finish. Once the varnish is dry the squares can be cut out with a cutter.



And here you can see the first 8 tiles finished. I still need to make a lot more of them to create the whole floor, but as it takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes per tile to make them this will take a little while.




You Might Also Like

8 reacties

  1. The floor is looking really good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! Looking forward to the finished product.
    Welcome to mini blog land.
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Janine! In the meanwhile I made some progress again. I can't wait to finish the floor in the dining room. Once it is finished I'll surely publish it on my blog.
      Hugs, Vall

      Delete
  3. Hello Vall! I love the way that you are constructing the floors. I know that this is a re-start up of your blog and what a great new way to begin. I have looked also at your Empress house and I am in love with the facade!!! What a unique and interesting building that you have chosen to re-created and I am fascinated by l the way it is already taking shape. Keep up the great work that you are doing. I know that this is going to be an exciting journey for you and for us too! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth,
      Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I am glad to hear that you like my project this much :) You made me shy! Through the week I work a lot so I always looking forward to my days off so I can continue working on it haha. Thanks again and I hope you'll like the progress too.
      Hugs, Vall

      Delete
  4. Fantastico!!! Seguirò il tuo esempio! Thank you, Vall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! If you do and finish something I am curious to see it!
      Hugs, Vall

      Delete

Follow @ Instagram

Follow @ Blogger

Contact me

Name

Email *

Message *